Our Autumn 2023 Market Update Report: Tracking investment in emerging advanced materials features the latest analysis of the advanced materials sector, including:
- Where established companies, start-ups, and academic institutions are investing for the next generation of advanced materials
- How government incentives, such as the inflation reduction act, are impacting advanced materials and their investments
- How companies are using M&A to make technology-based investments and acquisitions, strengthening their portfolio
- How M&A activity in the advanced materials sector has changed in the last six months given higher interest rates and economic uncertainty
- How key financial metrics (such as inventory and profitability) have shifted in the last six months
You can download this edition using the form on the left.
Our prior editions of the Market Update Report are also available for download:
- Issue 3 – Spring 2023: This issue examines the role of advanced materials in addressing climate change. Our lead article presents a three-part framework for commercialising sustainable materials. Our second article explores the wind energy market – a large consumer of advanced materials – and the financial challenges faced by OEMs. Our third article discusses the importance of carbon fibre for the energy transition and forecasts large increases in demand for this material. Our regular financial review section examines profitability, inventory levels, and M&A activity for both public and private companies in the sector.
- Issue 2 – Autumn 2022: This issue explores ‘growth in uncertain times.’ As inflation rises and recession concerns increase, this issue investigates how advanced material companies are affected and their subsequent mitigation strategies. Examining supply chain uncertainty, FMG explores investment trends in electric vehicle (EV) battery production across the value chain. Our regular financial review section examines profitability, inventory levels, and M&A activity for both public and private companies in the sector.
- Issue 1 – Spring 2022: As the global economy emerges from the pandemic, this issue examines how advanced materials companies are adjusting their corporate and M&A strategies to maintain competitiveness and find new opportunities. We also examine the recent surge in public listings for industrial 3D printing companies and what the future might look like for the industry. Our regular financial review examines profitability, capital expenditures, and M&A activity for the sector.